Thursday, February 19, 2009

Books

I rarely think about anything that I would consider worthwhile, or at least, embarrassing enough to write for you blogger friends. That is why I am so slack about updating this thing, although in my mind, i have high expectations for what it would potentially someday be - totally personalized, completely cute, full of witty stories from my thrilling life, and eventually video friendly. To give you insight into why it is not like that already, i need only say three words: youth ministry major.
Unfortunately, i am falling into the category of a slacker youth min. major, something that i swore i would never become, but sadly have. My normally clean but crazy room is never clean, i honestly can't remember the last time i cleaned it, my homework is never done, i'm late for class, and i spend all of my time watching Fringe on Hulu. By the way, friends, Fringe is amazing.

However, I feel like in the past i've been pretty good about keeping up with things like my own personal journals (yes, i kept more than a few of them), and i'll be sharing some pieces from my first journal, of any substance, that is - relatively speaking. Beforehand, something that I found when i was looking for my journals is my list of books that i read for two is years. I had a plan, at one time, to read 52 books in 52 weeks. The plan merged into 26 books in 52 weeks, thinking that i wouldn't have enough time to read a book a week and keep up with school. Little did i know that i would actually read 40 books in 52 weeks. Sad that i came so close but couldnt quite finish. Anyhow, here is my list, much more extended since the year finished in 2007.
1. A Million Little Pieces - Frey
2. My Friend Leonard - Frey
3. Tuesday's With Morrie - Albom
4. Huck Finn - Twain
5. The Great Gatsby - Fitzgerald
6. A Heartbreaking Tale of Staggering Genious - Eggars
7. Short Stories - Fitzgerald
8. The Cat Who Lived High - Braun
9. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime - Hadden
10. God's Debris - Adams
11. This Side of Paradise - Fitzgerald
12. Through Painted Deserts - Miller
13. The Poisonwood Bible - Kingsolver
14. Blue Highways - Heatmoon
15. Madame Bovary - Flaubert
16. Running With Scissors - Burroughs
17. The Cerial Murders - Mott Davidson
18. Waiting - Ginsberg
19. The Face of God - Myers
20. The Moonstone - Collins
21. The Painting of Dorian Grey - Wilde
22. Survivor - Pahlinuick
23. Benito Cereno - Melville
24. The Sound and the Fury- Faulkner
25. Savage Innequalities - Kozol
26. Two Nations - Hacker
27. Nickel and Dimed - Ehrenreich
28. The Torn Skirt - Godfrey
29. Mrs. Dalloway - Woolfe
30. Hamlete - Shakespeare
31. Guildenstern and Rosencrants Are Dead - Stoppard
32. My Name is Asher Lev- Pottok
33. Gifts - LeGuin
34. The Eyre Affair - Fford
35. The Historian - Kostova
36. Lullaby - Palahniuk
37. In the Lake of the Woods - O'Brien
38. Four Souls - Eridrech
39. A Raisin in the Sun - Hansberry
40. The Piano Lesson - Wilson
41. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - Vernes
42. The Things They Carried - O'Brien
43. Wuthering Heights - Bronte
44. jay's Journal
45. Go Ask Alice
46. Out of the Black Shadows - Lungu
47. Kite Runner - Hosseini
48. The Tempest - Shakespeare
49. A Thousand Splended Suns - Hosseini
50. Eragon - Paolini
51. Crank - Hopkins
52. Agatha Raisin and the Haunted House - Beaton
53. The Piano Tuner -Mason
54. Geographer's Library - Kindle
55. Year of Secret Assignments
56. The Eight -Neville
57. Rumpole and the Primrose Path - Mortimer
58. The Cat Who Went Underground - Braun
59. The Cat Who Knew a Cardinal - Braun
60. The Cat Who Went into a Closet - Braun
61. Inside the Jihad - Nasir
62. Grayson - Cox
63. Rumpole's First Omnibus - Mortimer
64. The River of Doubt - Millard
65. Twilight
66. New Moon
67. Come Back 0 Fontain
68. The Secret Life of Bees - Monk Kidd
69. Pretend You're Invisible - Higgins Clark
70. Eclipse
71. Such a Pretty Girl - Wiess
72. Perks of Being a Wallflower - Chbosky
73. Why We're Not Emergent - Deyoung and Kluk

Obviously, I've read much more since this time, however, i ran out of space on my paper and stopped recording my books :\

No comments:

Post a Comment